The site of our school which had been “Colonel Garden” (Karnal Thottam) was gift of land measuring 25.13 acres. Lt. Colonel J.Hazzlewood gave this land to the Pondy Mission. This “Karnal Thottam” was acquired by Mgr. Bonand D.D. Vicar Apostolic of Pondy in 1852 A.D. On 22nd January 1868 St. Joseph’s High School was inaugurated by Rev. Fr.L. Reneuvier the First Principal. Then in the year 1844 St. Joseph’s was raised to the status of the second grade college with Humanities and Mathematics. Again in 1909 it was reduced to the status of High School. St. Joseph’s hostel was inaugurated on 27th June 1962. We celebrated the centenary celebration on 25.06.1969 and in 1979 our school was upgraded into an Higher Secondary School. Realising the importance of education for Kids St. Joseph’s Nursery School was started on 16th
June 1982. This Karnal Thottam reached its zenith of glory when St. Joseph’s College of Arts & Science was inaugurated in the year 1991 catering to the need of higher education. Our School reached its completion of one hundred and twenty five years in the year 1993. On 21.01.1994 the post centennial Silver Jubilee celebration was celebrated. St. Joseph’s Nursery School celebrated its Silver Jubilee Celebrations on 17th March 2006.